Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Retail Therapy


So I ventured out to the mall yesterday to check out all that stuff at Wet Seal and to stop in Forever 21 to look at those zipper shoes I posted.

Wet Seal = Balls. None of the stuff I posted was good really except I did pick up the black bow shirt which I think I'll wear with skirts and I got the black motorcycle "jacket". It's a "jacket" because it turns out it's really a hoodie! WTF? I like the idea of a fabric motorcycle jacket so much that I'm going to cut the hood off and make a collar out of it.

The zipper shoes at Forever 21 are AMAZING. Even if they are made of the pleatherest pleather, they're hot shit. They're really high, but I feel stable in them because of that chunky heel!

I also couldn't resist buying the blue suede platforms which satisfy me as a replacement for the blue suede Steve Maddens that sold out before I could get my hands on them. The ones from Forever 21 are wobbly feeling because the stiletto is thin and the platform is square, but what the hell.

I also broke down and bought the fringed dress that I haven't even seen in the store in forever. I never wear my vintage one, because it's...hard to wear for lack of a better explanation. This one is lighter and the cut is more wearable. And I will.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Curses! I bet that dress will look amazing on you. I bought it off of the website after seeing it on so many people, and it looked AWFUL on me...no clue why.

Sugar Rush said...

Really?? What's weird about it on you? I think we can figure it out...Maybe wear a shrunken leather jacket on top of it? Or tights? Boots?

Linda said...

I actually returned it. :( I'm not very..well..."endowed" in the upper region of my body, so the sheer part hung there like a dead fish. The buttons on the back just weren't my thing as well.

Instead, I decided to make myself a fringed skirt and I love it! I really need to put pictures of it on my blog at some point.

Sugar Rush said...

You should totally post pictures of your skirt, you thrifty one!

I have small boobs, but I like it. I like the way clothes hang! :)

Sugar Rush said...

You should totally post pictures of your skirt, you thrifty one!

I have small boobs, but I like it. I like the way clothes hang! :)