Sunday, June 22, 2008

Flavor of the Day and Nesting

I look like I'm getting beamed up. Sorry for the horrible quality photo...it was raining like CRAZY this morning when I left for work so I wore my old motorcycle boots, which do quite well for rain boots.

I'm going to include home nesting stuff from time to time, here's the first. This is an old shelf and an old desk in my newly made sitting room. I found the shelf at an antique store, along with most of the items on it. The antlers were found by my Dad at their house in Georgia.

My salt and pepper shaker collection is on this shelf...Bird shakers, Georgia shakers, antique silver shakers with cherries on them, antique (politically incorrect) Native American shakers, and creepy deer shakers.

The last time my Mom was in town for a visit, we went antiquing and found these tiny martini glasses with a starburst pattern. (I plan to serve homemade sorbet in them one day!)

I found the desk which is underneath the shelf at The Salvation Army and have only managed to paint it with primer. I plan to paint it shiney red very soon, but the last couple of days I've been debating painting it yellow or robin's egg blue instead...

My state plate collection is growing and I was happy to find a spot for these ones which don't have a built in string for hanging on the back...









alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5214868621849720642" />



(If you can see them)
Dress: Max Rave
Jacket: Papaya
Scarf (worn as headband): Thrifted
Boots: JC Penny!
Bag: Ebay
Sunglasses: Ebay
Bracelet: Random

No comments: