Saturday, June 21, 2008

Flavor of the Day

I wore this yesterday for a picnic with my husband by the water. I originally purchased this dress for a Debbie Harrie-esque disco look, but it works equally well for a look along these lines I think!

I've mentioned I've been crafting up a bunch of stuff and these peacock feather earrings and "C" necklace are a couple of them. I've really been up for a pair of peacock feather earrings forever, but have always been concerned about the way the birds are treated from wherever the feathers come from. I actually found a good source for cruelty free feathers on ebay (http://stores.ebay.com/The-Happy-Rooster) and have bought a few others for other projects! These earrings took 3 minutes to make and I really wish I'd done it sooner! My husband's name is Colin, hence the "C" charm, if you were wondering. I've got a big crush on him.
















Colin: You look like Athena today.
Me: Do me, Zeus!

I know how to kill a sweet remark.


Dress: Ebay
Slip: Thrifted
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters
Bracelets: Who knows...
Necklace: DIY
Earrings: DIY
Belt: Ebay
Shoes: Classified

No comments: